Staying fit and healthy means consuming the right foods in the right proportions – and learning to say no to ones that you should avoid. It’s not just about male enhancement, but also paying attention to your diet and other lifestyle choices. There are general rules for healthy eating, but your calorie intake will largely depend on your fitness goals and present activity level.
Here are some notes on healthy, appropriate eating:
- Protein – One of the main fitness goals is building muscle, which makes plenty of protein important. When you build lean mass, you get muscle tone and it also raises your resting metabolism, which helps you burn more calories during the whole day. High-protein dietary sources include eggs, lean meats, legumes, and nuts and seeds. About .8 to a gram of protein per pound of desired body weight is your daily required protein amount every day.
- Healthy fats – Typically, men require more calories when they are on a fitness regimen, so healthy fats are important for optimal function. These are found in avocados (one of the overall healthiest fat sources on the planet), olives and olive oil, and fatty fish. These healthy fats are usually in the form of unsaturated, monounsaturated, or polyunsaturated, and they help reduce bad cholesterol and provide the calories necessary for maintain muscle mass. You also get a healthy heart to boot!
- Vegetables and fruits – These provide an abundance of vitamins, minerals, fibers, and antioxidants that keep you going before and after a workout session. Veggies are complex carbohydrates and digest more slowly than others, making you feel satiated for longer time. Fruits, on the other hand, help keep your immunity working optimally and assist in body repair after an intense exercise.
- Fiber – This is another vital component of a fitness diet in men, as it keeps you feeling full and facilitates waste elimination in the body efficiently. It can help in weight loss because of the satiety factor, and meals that are fiber-heavy contain fewer calories than other foods of the same volume. Additionally, fiber slows the absorption of sugar into your blood, preventing excess fat storage.
- Water – What is a healthy diet without adequate intake of pure, clear water? Make it your beverage of choice to keep yourself hydrated, as you lose significant amounts of water when you exercise. It also aids in proper digestion and your kidneys’ proper processing of excess protein.
Especially if you have a less-than-ideal diet, nutritional supplementation becomes important. Herbal extracts, vitamins, minerals, and amino acids that are you usually missing out on because of a poor diet can be provided by a high-quality formula, such as a multivitamin or a sexual enhancement pill. Talk to your doctor about it, especially if you have an existing medical issue.